There is a rumor floating around this morning that Facebook’s big announcement on the 20th is Instagram will get short video.
So a few things come to mind:
1. This is a rumor and may not be true.
2. This could be true.
3. If it is true, do we even bother with Vine anymore? In other words, did Vine grow fast enough to fight off a direct shot from Facebookstigram?
4. Is Vine a separate audience and Instagram a new push in the video world?
5. Will Instagram video be overrun by annoying teenagers and make the experience less than exciting for everyone else?
6. What happened to Facebook’s promise that they wouldn’t interfere with Instagram at all? You know, that same type of promise Yahoo made about Tumblr?
We’ll have to wait for the 20th to be sure, but there are a million reasons why this will make sense.
What are your thoughts? And what do you think they’ll name it? I’m thinking InstaVids or Instavideo.